In 1762, John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich, invented the meal that changed dining forever. As the story goes, he was playing cards and did not want to leave the gaming table to eat. He asked for a serving of roast beef to be placed between two slices of bread so he could eat with his hands. Thus, the Sandwich was born.
Some 250 years later, Earl of Sandwich restaurants have taken that idea and crafted it into a made-to-order, freshly baked sandwich like no other.
UNIQUE BUSINESS PROPOSITION
- Simple to operate
- High volume production capability
- Our own recipe artisan bread
- Traditional recipes made with the finest ingredients
- Our speed and production
- Our quality
- Unique brand with strong historical heritage
- Our name – The Earl of Sandwich
- All combining to create ‘The World’s Greatest Hot Sandwich’
In 2004, Lord John Sandwich, the 11th Earl of Sandwich and his son, the Honorable Orlando Montagu, direct descendants of the inventor of the sandwich, partnered with Robert Earl, founder and CEO of Planet Hollywood, to launch the Earl of Sandwich restaurants.
The menu was designed around fresh, simple, quality ingredients that combine to form The World’s Greatest Hot Sandwich! Sandwiches are made when ordered to ensure optimal taste and freshness, and the signature artisan bread finishes baking after the sandwich ingredients have been added, which enhances the flavors.
A full range of salads, wraps, sides, soups, desserts and beverages is also on offer. In addition, a breakfast menu has been developed for locations with morning traffic.
The concept was developed with a high volume production capability in a small production line footprint that enables Earl of Sandwich restaurants to accommodate much greater guest counts that competitors. To illustrate the capacity of the system, two Earl of Sandwich locations currently serve over one million hot sandwiches a year each.
There is a full range of footprint sizes available to franchisees, with existing restaurants ranging in size from 400 sq feet in travel plazas to 2,500 sq feet for stand alone to 5000 sq feet in our busiest Disney locations. Earl of Sandwich restaurants thrive in areas with high footfall such as main city thoroughfares, tourist destinations and attractions, travel hubs, airports and motorway service stations.
We are now operating 22 stores throughout USA and 2 in Europe in London, UK and Disneyland Paris, France.
‘The World’s Greatest Hot Sandwich’
We provide an extensive training and support plan for our franchisees which includes:
- Evaluation of the sites presented to us
- Plans and Specifications for build, design and décor
- Consultation and advice with regard to the development and operation
- Initial management training programme
- Assist with pricing and provide guidelines for marketing and promotion
- Provide advice and consultation in connection with the operation
- Conduct inspections